This one day clinic will focus on introducing and practicing some of the steep/firm snow techniques necessary to safely ascending and skiing steeper backcountry lines in a spring or summer snowpack.
- Firm skinning and advanced kick turns
- Ski crampon use and application
- Booting with ice axe but no crampons
- Self arrest with ice axe.
- Climbing steep snow and moderate rock with ice axe and crampons.
- Steep skiing/ riding considerations.
- AT, Telemark or Split board and skins
- Transceiver, shovel, probe
- 30 lt pack
- Ski crampons
- Ski or climbing helmet
- Light weight ice axe
- Layers for the season, including 2-3 pairs of gloves and hard shells (for practicing self arrest)
- Food and water for a full day in the field
$150 per person, based on a minimum of 3 people; clinic will run from roughly 6:00am - 1:00pm